In large organizations and companies that hire candidates at scale, online assessment tests are used to shortlist people fast and push them to the next round of the hiring process.
How Legitimate are Pre-Hire Assessment Tests?
Do they have cheating prevention measures in place to ensure that candidates take up the test in a fraud and cheating free environment?
Online assessments must include cheating prevention features for fair and legitimate candidate evaluation. When hiring is done in bulk or hiring remotely determining whether the candidate took the test in a fair and legitimate manner becomes difficult.
Online tests that are equipped with cheating prevention software ensure that each candidate takes the assessment in a fair manner without indulging in fraud or cheating. Before we get into details on cheating prevention software, it is important to know different ways in which candidates indulge in fraud and cheating while taking up an online skill assessment test.
- Making Use of the Internet: A lot of people in the digital age make use of the internet on a desktop or on their smartphone to find answers to the questions. They tend to switch between tabs on a computer or keep a phone under the table to search for the right answer.
- Cheating by Asking a Different Person to Answer the Questions: In online tests, there is no way to personally find who is taking the test. A candidate can ask a friend or an elderly person who is more proficient in the subject to answer the questions. Such situations are common but should be avoided at all costs.
- Taking Frequent Breaks: Some try to read a couple of questions, take frequent breaks to go to the loo or drink some water while someone behind the screen tries to provide them the answers.
- Group Test Taking: Attending tests as a group often leads to more marks as some people believe and they gather a couple of friends to help them out with the answers.
Online Cheat Proof Exam Software Holds the Key to Fraud and Cheating Prevention
There are several online skill assessment software available in the market, but not all of them are equipped with cheat proof features. SkillRobo is a cloud-based online assessment software that is equipped with fool-proof fraud and cheating prevention measures. The fully customizable skill library in SkillRobo can be customized according to the role and skill for which the candidate is being hired for. Here is how SkillRobo is the perfect online test cheating prevention software:
- By Using a Webcam: A live webcam would solve most of the issues and no test is considered valid until the candidate takes a legitimate test where his face is visible all the time. It also makes sure no one else is around and multiple people are never allowed to be there when a test is underway. They can’t help the candidate with the right answers.
- By Keeping Tab on the Computer: When they switch tabs multiple times, it will be recorded by the software. It stops them from using the internet to search for the answer and provide them without having in-depth knowledge on the subject.
- By Providing Detailed Instructions: The candidate can be provided a brief summary through the testing software. It includes providing info on how to take the test, using cheating methods could get them disqualified and explaining to them the importance of being truthful.
- By Randomizing the Questions: Each question is different from one another as the set of questions provided by you on SkillRobo is never in the same order and the answers are shuffled as well to ensure cheating is prevented.
The above fraud and cheating prevention measures in SkillRobo make it the most reliable pre-employment assessment tool that the hiring team can rely upon for fair and legitimate candidate evaluation. SkillRobo incorporates trusted cheating prevention methods and tweaks them in a way that it ensures you are able to select the right candidates who possess the desired skills.
You can also create multiple tests to find people who are really skilled and it is next to impossible to keep cheating when it is a multi-level test. Randomizing tests is another way to prevent cheating and when everything is combined, you get the most complete testing tool with SkillRobo. To know more about amazing features provided by SkillRobo, sign up for the free trial today.
Also read: The Do’s and Don’ts of Hiring Employees for Small Business